This month STC Atlanta offers you two options: get out and go bowl, or stay home and be inspired.
Option 1: Bowling with KSU
Join STC Atlanta and the students and faculty from the Department of Technical Communication and Interactive Design to enjoy an evening of bowling on Tuesday, October 15. Come join in the fun as we get to know some of the next generation of technical communicators and they learn about STC and STC Atlanta. Not big on bowling, but want to have fun? Just come by to say hello and maybe try some of the other entertainment Bowlero offers, such as arcade games, billiards, and laser tag.
Please note: The cost of bowling and shoes for the KSU students and STC Atlanta members will be covered. There is a $10.00 fee for non-members.
Tuesday October 15, 2019
6:00 -8:00 PM
775 Cobb Place Blvd NW
Kennesaw, GA 30144
RSVP via Meetup
Option 2: Joint Virtual TechComm Roadshow event
To kick-off the 2019-20 STC Competition season, the Regional Competition team is hosting a Joint Virtual TechComm Roadshow event on October 15, 2019 from 6:00-8:00 pm. EDT. The online event is FREE but you must register to get the web conferencing information.
What is the STC TechComm Roadshow? A virtual stage to honor recent top awardees of the STC TechComm Competitions.
- Be inspired. Check out winning strategies and trends. Ask your questions and take away great ideas.
- Understand Competition benefits and think about submitting your own work.
Presenters and teams will show their work, discuss their backstory, challenges, learning, and planned improvements.
- IEEE – Janet Dudar, IEEE Pulse (informational)
- Hewlett Packard – Lisa Harlan and Jamie West, HP Notebook Accessories Flyer, (user support)
- Information Builders – Frances Gambino and team – iWay and Omni Information Center (Redesign), (informational)
- KVH – Mike Nelson, Setting Up Tracking Avoidance Zones to Prevent Service Interruptions – (instructional video)
- Salesforce – Phil Choi and Katie Augustus, Quick Start: Einstein Analytics Learning Map (user support)
- SSC Advent – Tim Schuman, Supporting MiFID II Regulations (user support)
- Thomas Jefferson High School for Science and Technology (TJHSST) – Shane Torbert and team, TEKNOS (informational)