The STC Regional TechComm Competition is now open, powered by six of STC’s outstanding chapters. This year, we proudly welcome New England into our current alliance with the Atlanta, Houston, New York, Philadelphia and Rochester chapters.
You and your team have enough time to submit your best work in User Support, Instructional, Promotional and Informational categories. The deadline for entries is December 7, 2018.
You can participate in several ways:
- Submit an entry
- Volunteer to Judge (Deadline November 16)
- Spread the word and invite others to join the competition. Share and forward this link.
The STC Competition this year will be at the regional or local level. We are collaborating with all the other STC local/regional competitions to recognize winners through publication in the websites and by doing a joint techcomm roadshow.
Benefits of Participation
- Get recognized for your best technical communication
- Earn visibility and validate your methods with the most esteemed award for technical communicators
- Receive valuable feedback about your work. Whether you receive an award or not, you will receive independent and professional feedback about your work and content from at least 3 competition judges.
|Deadline for entries||December 7, 2018, Friday, 6:00 pm EDT|
|Deadline for Judge applications||November 16, 2018, Friday|
|Training/Refresher Training for Judges and Team Leaders||December 6, 2018, Thursday|
|Judging Phase begins||January 2 – March 8, 2019|
|Consensus Day||March 9, 2019, Saturday|
|April 2019||Awardees announced|
|May 5-8, 2019||STC International Summit, Denver, CO|
|May-August 2019||Celebrations – Awarding may be done in each local chapter, or jointly|