Duration: 6 Month Contract that will either convert or extend; multi-year project. Range: 45-52/HR Location: Atlanta, GA (Downtown) Core Hours: 9am-4pm Key Skills: 3 years of Technical Writing for Software Products Preferred: Jira Confluence Agile/Scrum Job Description About Deloitte Consulting and the iLab Deloitte Consulting Products and Solutions (DC P&S) works with clients and consulting…
Duration: 6 Month Contract that will either convert or extend; multi-year project.
Location: Atlanta, GA (Downtown)
Core Hours: 9am-4pm
3 years of Technical Writing for Software Products
About Deloitte Consulting and the iLab
Deloitte Consulting Products and Solutions (DC P&S) works with clients and consulting practitioners to create innovative products and solutions to bring to market. These products and solutions are put through a rigorous process before they are deemed ready for beta testing with clients, and eventually launched commercially. DC P&S and the iLab are key components of the product and solution development process that support both an organic and inorganic portfolio of products and solutions in a variety of stages of the product life cycle.
The Deloitte Consulting iLab is the leading edge product development facility focused on creating cloud-based software and advanced analytics products. The portfolio spans multiple software technologies including wearables, machine learning and advanced analytics, social/mobile, and other leading technologies.
Our strategy is to augment our leading services practice with software and analytics products that strike at the heart of our clients’ business problems providing them with differentiated products. To do this, we rely on our experts in creative, user experience/user interface, software architecture, software engineering, technology infrastructure, quality assurance, testing, security, operations, and R&D. Our dedicated space is equipped with SmartBoard technology and interactive environments along with 360 active cameras for video conferences.
As a Technical Writer, you will be responsible for developing the technical documentation associated with many of DC P&S’s products and solutions. Given the nature of the business we are in, we desire a leader who can structure, organize, build and lead a world-class infrastructure and production support team. Our products and solutions are cloud based and as a result, we will require a leader who can establish a scalable, stable and efficient infrastructure that is highly available for our global client base.
This is an exciting and demanding role for a Technical Writer who likes to work with engineering teams, has a startup mentality, adaptability to change, and a get-it-done approach to execution.
This role will require the Technical Writer to be:
- Detail oriented
- A strong team player who can work across architecture, engineering and QA teams
- Knowledgeable about the software engineering lifecycle
- Able to document complex software applications and products.
- Familiar with developer documentation, programming languages, and developer outreach.
- Comfortable working across API-level technical documentation, higher level technical guides and feature briefs
- Be familiar with digital assets, design, and layout
- Experienced with content management systems and similar tools
- Familiar with documenting app interaction workflow and UI
- Experienced with cloud-based document sharing
- Able to communicate using their excellent composition and grammar skills.
Our ideal candidate is a technical writer who has knowledge of how to capture and document the following for use by engineering, QA, UI design, customer support, and external developers:
- Detailed software specifications
- Functional requirements
- Technical reference materials
- Implementation guides, documentation, and tools
- Software end user training materials and guides
- BS/BA degree required in English, Communication, Computer Science, Engineering, Technical Writing, or other related degree
- Preferred 3+ years of technical writing experience with complex software products
- Ability to develop developer or implementation related documentation based upon technical specifications and software product knowledge
- Experience with Jira and / or Confluence strongly preferred
- Familiarity with Agile or Scrum Framework a plus
- Ability to work independently
If interested, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Veredus | HAYS Recruiting experts worldwide